Podcasts have been around since the 1980s. Then, they were known as audio blogs. As the internet penetrated more spaces, more podcasts were born. There are a number of platforms that host podcasts. They include apple podcast, sound cloud, anchor among others.
Here are some of the podcasts hosted by Ugandans on locally sourced topics on social commentary, health, business, wellbeing and sports.
The list here does not have all the podcasts produced in Uganda. It will be updated with time. The podcasts below follow no particular order.
- Rebecca Nanjego hosts Connectivitea Podcast
- Prudence Nyamishana hosts Nyamishana’s Podcast
- Nabuguzi Kiwanuka hosts Hash Time with Nabuguzi Kiwanuka Podcast
- Rudende, Siima and Kenni Kareem host This is NOT RADIO
- Humura Ruth hosts ZeeHumura Show, Zee Formula E Podcast & Zee F1 Amatuer Podcast
- Patricia Opio hosts This is me story
- The Soccer Jaja PODCAST
- Ssuna Ronald hosts Power Talks
- Gloria, Otala, Karungi and Linda host Dopamine Podcast
- Brenda Ntambirweki hosts Viewpoints
- Raymond Kahuma hosts Raydioactive Podcast
- Lawrence Namale hosts Life Signatures Podcast
- Jacky & Godiva host Wulira Uganda
- Lulu Jemimah hosts Real Talk 256 Podcast
- Patience Nitumwesiga hosts Mbaganire- An African Folktales Podcast
- Solaire and Cathy host Girls Like Me UG
- Writivism hosts The Writivism Podcast
- Fiona Atukunda hosts Koffee & KonVersations Podcast
- Amanda Racheal Ainengonzi hosts Poetic Pause Podcast
- Edith Naigaga hosts Voices of Dembe Podcast
- Robert Bobz hosts Flag Uganda Podcast
- Dorcus Magoba hosts The Real Talk Podcast
- Ashaba Regan hosts Checks & Balances
- Levicato Ahumuza hosts Chart Forum Podcast
- Yunia, Yvonne, Carol hosts This is Adulting -Adulting Out Loud Podcast
- The Global Shapers Community (Kampala Hub) hosts Shaking Tables Podcast
- Mellisa Ssanyu hosts Inner Thoughts with M Podcast
- Kenneth Matovu hosts the Big Conversations by Ordinary People Podcast
- Sharon Rwakatungu and Timothy Niwamanya host the Cinema Red Pill Podcast
Is there a podcast you listen to that is not mentioned here? Share with me in the comment section. Thank you.